With all the rumours out there regarding the deadly virus spread migrating from one continent from another, do WE really need to be afraid of Covid-pandemic?
Facts we know
1. COVID 19 is a type of coronavirus similar to SARS and MERS that seem to have originated from civets (bat family)
2. People world over are dying due to the acclaimed virus
3. There seems to be no cure for the affected
Yes. You will be susceptible, but a small chance that the environment of the Indian subcontinent will not allow the virus to propagate. Nevertheless- precautions in personal hygiene are advised.
NOTE: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WORKING IN MEAT PROCESSING AND ANIMAL LIVESTOCK REARING
What we can do about the Covid – Pandemic ?
1. Disinfect area of suspected chance of contamination with iodophor, benzalkonium chloride, hypochlorite or peroxide. Check the link below for the ideal concentrations.
2. It is advisable for workers to check for the above ingredients in their household cleaners too. Many commonly available brands do contain such.
3. Heat and steam sterilization will also work.
4. Avoid contact of the cleaning solutions with eye and skin
5. Check for instructions on label for the adequate contact time, otherwise use of such products may prove ineffective.